“Open on Sundays since 1862”, we like to note! German immigrant farmers made worship and Christian education a high priority when they moved to this area in the mid-1800’s. St. John’s was formed to serve those who were moving into the area. Originally part of the Buffalo Synod, St. John’s has grown through mergers that created the American Lutheran Church and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- St. John’s Parochial School taught students until 1944.
- Christ Lutheran in Jackson was started as a ‘daughter’ church in 1899.
- German was the exclusive language in worship until 1937.
- Fourteen sons and daughters of the congregation have become full-time pastors or associates in ministry.
- Our gathering space is the part of the church building that was new in 1952.
- The parish hall is a 1988 addition.
- A new sanctuary and entrance were dedicated on All Saints’ Sunday 2003.
St. John’s has been blessed with faithful members, friends, and pastors for over 150 years!